Posted February 1, 2018
Sun-Kissed California: Kimpton Comes to Garden Grove
Welcome to sunny Southern California, home to golden surf, glistening sands and iconic sunsets. Nestled in the city of Garden Grove, a dazzling new Kimpton hotel, slated to open in 2021, will sit on five acres and entertain families, leisure and business travelers alike. With 200 guestrooms, we’re also unveiling 10,000 square-feet of meeting space, two signature restaurants and a glistening rooftop pool equipped with a lounge and bar. And with Disneyland only a few blocks away, watch the iconic fireworks show from the comfort of several suites or from the open-air rooftop.
Disneyland Is In Our Backyard
There’s something special in the Anaheim air. No wonder, Walt Disney settled on this once-sleepy farming community for Disneyland. With its flare for nostalgia and classic rides like Alice in Wonderland and Indiana Jones Adventure, there are also live shows and of course, endless fun for the whole family along Main Street, U.S.A..
- In downtown Anaheim, the Packing District housed in a restored 1919 citrus-packing house features 20 artisan eateries with ramen, pho and cocktail venues including a reservation-only speakeasy called the Blind Rabbit.
- Nearby, the newly-renovated MAKE houses the superhero-themed Unsung Brewing Co alongside the chic Pail Wine Company.
Craft Brews and Tacos
- Many of California’s best craft brews are made in Anaheim. The locally-loved Noble Ale Works has racked up various accolades alongside a stable of classics like Bottle Logic Brewing, Anaheim Brewery and Backstreet Brewery.
- Spread on two-acres, every Sunday, Farmers Park Market hawks fresh produce.
- Along the Anaheim Promenade, the Latin-flared Pour Vida serves oyster tempura and pineapple skirt steak tacos wrapped in secret recipe tortillas.
Ample Beach Time
- For coastal escape, epic surfing and vintage Pacific Ocean neighborhoods, Orange County’s 42-mile stretch of coastline features a beloved lineup of Laguna Beach, Dana Point, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Seal Beach and San Clemente.
Sports, Concerts and Events
- Nearby diversions include Angel Stadium hosting its namesake MLB team and serving niche treats like Chronic Tacos and Crafty Dogs with build-your-own toppings.
- The newly expanded Anaheim Convention Center (also the largest on the West coast) hosts large meetings while the popular has a lineup of concerts and is home to the NHL’s Anaheim Ducks.
- Families gather at the affordable Adventure City for rock climbing, park rides and a petting zoo.
- For those looking for clues and puzzles, Cross Roads Escape Games has real-life adventure rooms. And, Bowlmor Anaheim has 41-glow-in-the-dark lanes, billiard tables and a full-service bar.
- Arts and culture enthusiasts visit Muzeo for rotating exhibits while the intimate music venue, City National Grove of Anaheim entertains 1,700 guests and has seen the artistic likes of Bob Dylan and Julio Iglesias.
- The Garden Grove Strawberry Festival has been celebrating America’s favorite berry since 1958, drawing a quarter million visitors to this 4-day event featuring rides, a parade, a 5K and strawberry shortcake galore!
We Know A Thing Or Two About California
For almost forty years, we’ve called the Golden State home. Our new hotel will join ten hotels across the region including Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Diego, Huntington Beach and Palm Springs.